Thursday 31 May 2012

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes (in other words I ran out of eggs)

Whenever I'm stressed, bored, or nervous (i.e. most of the time) I bake to time my mind off things, and today, it was due to boredom. Since I was too lazy to go buy eggs, therefore having to walk all the way to the grocery store, a whole two minute walk, I tried to find a recipe for something that didn't include eggs. This led me to Joy the Baker, one of my all time favorite blogs as well as home to the recipes that I use over and over again. I found a recipe I had seen a few months ago which looked good, the 'Simple Vegan Chocolate Cake'. Cake? Check. Chocolate? Check. No eggs? Thank you Moses I have found a recipe!

The recipe I used can be found here; Simple Vegan Chocolate Cake
I only made one alteration to her great recipe, and it had nothing to do with the actual ingredients! I don't have a bundt cake pan so instead I made them into cupcakes! Then I took inspiration from Martha Stewart and put some icing sugar on top, making a sweet but not too rich cupcake! 




It is a pretty simple recipe, and one great thing about it is you don't need to use an electric mixer. I don't know why i equate using a mixer with more work, when it actually does the work for me, but for some reason I always feel like it'll be more work. Maybe because it means if I use the mixer I'll have to carry it, and as I have the upper body strength of an overcooked noodle that means too much effort to carry the huge mixer. Anyways, All you have to do is mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda), mix the wet ingredients (a cup of warm coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla extract)  then mix the two together! 
Pour it into a greased bundt cake pan or in my case, in cupcake liners and...
And there we go!

Enjoy x. 




No comments:

Post a Comment